Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Review | Makeup Revolution Lipstick in Rebel With Cause

I feel very much like the second September began, the Bloggers and the YouTubers immediately started blogging about the perfect autumnal berry lip, there's something about those deep vampy colours which are so liberating to wear during those autumnal months.


Makeup Revolution very quickly became one of my favourite makeup brands (I actually mentioned two of their products in my last favourites post/video) and I think their lipsticks are so on point, so I had to try their lipstick in the shade Rebel with Cause.

I quite like the actual name of the product mostly because it reminds me of James Dean of whom I am a fan, but after researching the product before buying it I quickly learned that this lipstick is in fact a dupe of Mac's Rebel which is probably where the name of the lipstick came from, but I still assume James Dean had some influence in the naming of the product.


Packaging wise it isn't the most amazing, and the rose gold writing does start to wear off after a while (although not much, as I've had another one of their lipsticks for nearly 3 three months and you can barely tell). They also include a little pot of the product on the lid which is nice but I've never known how to get the little pots off (not that I've needed to, but I'd like to know).


Whilst the deep purple type shade may look quite scary to some in the packaging, you can see from the swatch that it's more of a deep pink-toned red a.k.a a berry shade which I think looks so pretty on and is going to be a staple for the Autumn/Winter months.

The lipstick appears quite shiny on the lips at first, not massively but there's definitely some sheen there, but I found after about four hours my lips felt dry, the colour was still quite prominently there even though I hadn't really used much lip liner but my lips still felt quite dry, but no more so than with a regular lipstick so this isn't too much of an issue for me.

If you don't want to have to touch it up throughout the day, you'll definitely need a lip liner underneath it and to apply a couple of layers of the lipstick, but I find it is fairly long lasting for only £1.

What's your favourite autumnal lip product?

6 comments:

  1. I've just got this! :) I love it, the pots you kinda have to twist and it pops off, although I've never found a use for it, it' nice to have.
    Fab review, love your blog!
    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For £1 it seems good! thanks for the honest review love

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I think it's really pretty, and for only £1 - bargain!!

      Delete