Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

Co-washing, results day, and the Spice Girls

lifestyle, lbloggers, spice girls, great british bakeoff, GBBO, FKA twigs, university, results day, highgate cemetery, karl marx, london, tom fletcher, mcfly, co-washing, white teeth, golf,


one.
I went round to my friend Tejal's house for a sleepover with Khushboo and Girthiga (I mention their names only because you may know them from the holiday vlogs I did) and we had a lot of fun, we watched the classic Brat Pack films (y'know The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, my faves) and played Never Have I Ever - for someone who's done very little in their life, I'm not sure how I finished my drink first. I discovered quite how unsociable I am, Tejal put on the TV for background noise but there was a thing on ITV about Queen's top 50 songs and how could I not pay attention? So for about 2 hours I didn't look or talk to any of them really (I disagreed with the order of practically everything except Bohemian Rhapsody, that had to be first like come on). The next day, Joey came round as well and we went out for a walk in the park (with the world's sh*ttest fountain) which was nice too as the weather was pretty darn great.

two.
I went out to play golf with a bunch of friends (not proper serious golf, but not mini golf, sort of an in between if you feel me) and it was a lot of fun! Got to admit I'm not great, but I came 3rd in the second game we played so not too shabby eh? It was basically lad central though so there was a lot of talk of banter, so much so that one of the people who worked there stood behind us and said '#banter' into his microphone which was a lil strange.

three.
I recently watched White Teeth with my parents and I really recommend it! It's a bit like Small Island meets Anita and Me, I thought the sections of society they focused on were really interesting and I really want to read the book now (especially as I'm sure they cut out a lot, as the ending of the series was a bit rushed although it was still overall really good)

four.
My hair life has changed all because of co-washing, which is essentially cutting out shampoo. My hair has never been in better condition and its curls/waves/kinky-shiznitz stay in for much longer - result!

five.
Tom Fletcher's videos with Buzz always make my day and he did one with Buzz singing - many cry.


six.
As a bit of a pre-results-day-out, me and my friends decided to abuse the Oyster Card system in London by taking random buses (free travel until next month) and just exploring wherever we ended up. We started off by heading to Highgate Cemetery to have a look at Karl Marx's tomb, perhaps a little bit of an odd choice for most 18 year olds but hey, me and my friends aren't orthodox - I found it quite strange that you had to pay to get in, essentially capitalising on a communist's grave? Then we went around the Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square sort of vicinity. I wholeheartedly recommend doing the whole random-bus-journey-dealio if you live in London (maybe not if you're a tourist, you may end up a bit lost and it may get a bit pricey), it's a lot of fun!

seven.
I actually got into my first choice of university (I did meet the requirements I'm just a little bit baffled, in all honesty I was expecting to fail) which means I'm moving to Brighton next month if all goes to plan - feel I should clarify, I'm not being a stereotypical YouTuber in moving there, that totally wasn't the reason I chose it (maybe just an influential factor . . . I joke I joke, but I'm looking forward to it!)

eight.
FKA Twigs brought out some new music on M3LL155X and I'm loving it, FKA Twigs has such a unique style of music and her new songs are just as good as her other ones - you'll probably like her if you're into ambient, alternative sort of music (she's just pretty rad okay)

nine.
I'm loving the return of Great British Bake Off, it's definitely been a television highlight!

ten.
I'm having a major Spice Girls moment, like don't get me wrong I've loved them for a long time (despite the fact they are a bit before my time given they started the year I was born) but I've been staying up every night binge watching Spice Girls documentaries, interviews and I even braved Spice World even though I had heard how bad it was (I know I know, how had I not seen it? And it was actually a lot better than I thought it would be!). I actually did a Buzzfeed Quiz to find out what Spice Girl I'd be and I got Ginger Spice, not sure whether I agree with that, but do the quiz and comment down below your result!

How have the past couple of weeks been for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment