Pages

Sunday 11 October 2015

First fortnight at Uni, film themed freshers, and freshers flu



one.
I've moved into my house for uni now and the way I've decorated my room makes it quite difficult to see whether I'm a student in 2015 or 1965 - #Beatlemaniac.

two.
I feel like I've become extremely corporate with the amount of Starbucks I've been having - you see there's a Starbucks on campus that my new #squad like to go to so to be sociable and not at all awkward I have to sit in there but I'm also like this is the most capitalist place to be in, what would Marx say??? (A question we all must ask in our day to day lives)

three.
I'm finding it strange having talks about my modules for my course because it feels like it's been a lifetime since I was doing education, I went onto study leave in about May so to suddenly be thrown back into this world where I have to read things and make notes about stuff feels a little bit strange.

four.
I'm really happy to say I'm getting along with my housemates really well (I already knew Meera, and you may know her from some of my vlogs, i.e this one) but my other housemates are really cool too - we're planning on getting an ironic Margaret Thatcher poster or cardboard cutout for our living room, I had to clarify it with them that it was ironic but it is indeed.

five.
Me and my housemates haven't really been out clubbing much (I say much, a couple of us haven't been at all y'know not about that life) but we have been watching quite a few films - we watched Amelie, Lost in Translation, Howl's Moving Castle (may have had a bit of input on this choice), and Jules et Jim and I'm generally really glad I'm living with people who would prefer a film to a club.

six.
Freshers Fair was quite the experience, I signed up to loads of societies (feminist society, music society, film society, literature society, anime and manga society, drama society and the Uni newspaper). I'm looking forward to going to some of the society meets, I feel like you're a lot more likely to meet like minded people through a society than going to a club where the music is frustratingly loud and you can't hear what anyone's saying.

seven.
I've been living solely on pasta-based foods since I got here, I feel like I really need to branch out and find some other things to cook but pasta is just so easy . . .

eight.
We threw a little house parties with all the hipsters and it was so much fun, it was a really nice housewarming sort of thing, and it's where our first house selfie was taken, although it probably wasn't the best photo because everyone was a little bit not sober.

nine.
I'm really enjoying my course so far, I'm doing Applied Psychology if you're interested. There's a lot more Philosophy in it than I thought there'd be and there's a whole unit on social inequalities and prejudice in society and all that jazz so I'm really looking forward to the year (famous last words I'll bet)

ten.
Inevitably, I ended up getting a cold and I actually ended up losing my voice (I've had laryngitis before so I knew what to do to sort it out, but it was a bit of a pain - fellow singers, you'll be familiar with the warm salt water trick, right?) so I've been a bit pooey on the whole blogging/uploading videos regularly thing, but hopefully things should resume to normal soon enough.

How have the past couple of weeks been for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment