Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

Casablanca and a nice MAC lipstick

Amongst my many hobbies, such as listening to music that most 18 year olds would immediately turn their nose up at because it's either not in the UK top 40 or the artists are much older than the age of 40, I am a keen film enthusiast. In order to be able to give yourself this title of film enthusiast, there are some trials you'll have to endure - one of which being, you've got to watch Casablanca.

Rick Blaine, played by Humphrey Bogart, famously says at the end of the film 'I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship', and after having a gander around Selfridges I can firmly say the same thing about MAC's lipstick in Taupe.


In the history of blogging, I'm not sure I've ever really come across a negative MAC lipstick review. I think it's partially the fact that you've spent an extortionate £15.50 on a lipstick, so you have some sort of obligation to say that it's good, but I think it's also that MAC just know how to do their lipsticks.

The packaging is sleek and classy, it's not in any need of an Instagram filter that's for sure. Plus it feels quite weighted, which isn't necessarily a pro or a con, it just feels well made and, dare I say it, #prestige.

In terms of the actual lipstick quality, it's long lasting and pigmented. It's matte but not in any way, shape, or form drying. Lip liners aren't required in this realm of lipstick pigmentation, but if you want to go full on Kylie Jenner, lip liner looks awesome with this stuff and just helps increase the longevity that much more. The shade is a cross between brown and rose, leaning more on the side of brown though making it the ultimate 90s lip.


I find it hard to fault this lipstick, and as I said earlier 'I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship'. Not just with this particular lipstick, but with MAC on the whole. 

Here's looking at you kid - are you a fan of MAC?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

19 comments:

  1. The colour looks gorgeous!

    http://melissatara.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour !! And I'm a biiiiiig fan of MAC :)

    Sabrina
    http://sabrinasfotografie.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool! and awesome, definitely going to want to pick up more MAC products :-)

      Delete
  3. Nothing wrong with that hun, me too! I studied Film at uni and I'm always getting eyes rolled at me for going off on one about film, I just adore it and I get so much joy from it. Stick with that! When I started my course, Casablanca is one of the first thing they get us to watch (I had seen it before) but it's a total classic. Love the comparison to the lipstick haha. Awesome post, love your blog xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s if you'd ever like some more films (the ones all film fans should tick off their list) let me know ;) x

      Delete
    2. film must be an awesome course to do at uni!! and thank you, i've loved your blog for quite a while :D and i'm open to recommendations but i've seen a lot of films haha!! thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  4. I keep meaning to try MAC lipsticks but I never get round to it!


    allthatshimmers.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me like a year and a bit to bite the bullet and get one haha

      Delete
  5. twig is such a gorgeous colour, definitely on my wishlist:)

    Eilidh from Velvet Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yeah that looks like a really nice shade, always sold out though :-(

      Delete
  6. That colour looks gorgeous! I've never tried a MAC lipstick but my sister absolutely loves them so I really want to, I also don't think i've ever read a bad review! Casablanca is a film i've been meaning to watch now for ages but keep forgetting! I think it's one of those classics everyone just has to watch at some point!

    Love Amylou x
    www.amylous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely worth a watch - thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. i really like it, don't think enough people talk about it :-)

      Delete
  8. Ahh that colour is so beautiful! I really need to get my hands on a MAC lipstick. x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. based on this one i think they're worth the money :D

      Delete
  9. I love the shade of the lipstick, it's lovely to see an alternative to Velvet Teddy! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i really like it and thought it was a good replacement for velvet teddy :D

      Delete