Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Review | Primark P.S Love Liquid Eyeliner

I apologise for the writing on the eyeliner rubbing off - it happens to the best of us, I hope we can move past this together.
About 4 months ago, Primark launched its own beauty range called P.S Love and caused quite a hype in the beauty blogger world for its inexpensive products. As a confessed Primark shopaholic and beauty product hoarder I knew I needed a slice of this cheap beauty pie (sounds pretty appealing right?)

I decided to try out their liquid eyeliner as I had read some good reviews and was looking for an inexpensive replacement for the Collection liquid liner, and as this one only cost £1 I figured I wasn't going to be losing much.

Formula wise, this is a great product. It is long lasting, very black and doesn't flake off for a long time, it also dries fairly quickly and doesn't transfer onto other parts of the eye area which is a benefit. As you may be able to see from the swatch below, it isn't matte but it isn't incredibly shiny either, and it is very black which is good.


However, the nib was an absolute pain in the backside for the most part. When it was fresh from the packet, the nib was very hard and very thin which is good to get a steady thin line but it was so hard that I found it quite painful sometimes. I found that the nib softened up after a few uses and was quite good for a while, but then the fibres kept coming out and I found myself constantly plucking out and snipping off these fibres - I'm not sure if that's normal for liquid eyeliner nibs but I've never had this problem before, this made application a hell of a lot harder as it was like using a mini cactus as a nib and it meant I couldn't make a clean cat eye flick easily.

Overall, this product is fairly good for the price and I love the formula but because of the problems I suffered with the nib I can't see myself repurchasing it any time soon - sorry Primark!

Have you tried any of the P.S Love Range?
What were your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I find Primark really good with some things but others not so good.. I guess you get what you pay for! Xx

    bethfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete