Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Disappointing products #1

The past eighteen years of my life have been pretty disappointing so I'm pretty used to being disappointed and I can point out a disappointing thing when I see once, hence I thought I would do a disappointing products post and video:




1. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
- What's wrong with it? It didn't feel grainy enough to scrub my body, it was alright but I didn't feel particularly exfoliated afterwards. Although that might make it better for those with more sensitive skin.

2. Makeup Revolution Focus & Fix Concealer
- What's wrong with it? It didn't cover up spots or dark circles which is precisely what I want a concealer to do (you can see me complain about it in my first impressions post/video here). I can't speak for covering up redness because that's not something I suffer with, but it didn't help whatsoever with what I use concealer for.

3. Simple Eye Makeup Remover Pen
- What's wrong with it? It was a great idea in theory but in practise it didn't remove makeup well, it just smudged it so instead of having a slightly dodgy eyeliner flick that you could chip off, you had a big grey smudge which was harder to remove so it didn't do what I expected it to do.

4. Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Rose Hip
- What's wrong with it? Don't even get me started, this is the worst nail polish I have ever used - seriously, it's not great. Perhaps it's a bad batch but after asking around on the beauty blogger chats on twitter I doubt it. It stayed tacky for hours and hours so it always smudged without fail, which means I would want to take it off so even if it is long lasting it would look gross and smudged so I wouldn't want it to be long lasting, you see what I'm getting at? The shade range is beautiful and I love the other nail polishes from Barry M, but £3.99 for a forever-tacky-so-it-smudges-and-looks-crappy nail polish is at all not worth it.

5. Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper in Circus Confetti
- What's wrong with it? I liked this upon first application, nice even coat of glitter and it was fairly fast drying. I just found it chipped really really badly, it was better with some nail polishes over others but a top coat should be less prone to chipping than any other nail polishes, when this chipped I had to go back under with the colour coat and the top coat so it just didn't look great generally.

What products have you found disappointing in the past?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

12 comments:

  1. I was surprised that I didn't like the Sugar Crush scent and I don't see what the hype is about. I don't mind Barry M nail polishes- I didn't experience the same problems as you- I prefer the Gelly versions though :)
    Julz Obsessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh, i think the barry m nail polishes are good but the gelly one (or at least this specific one) just didn't work for me unfortunately :-(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. the scent is lovely, that is an advantage of it :D

      Delete
  3. I love the scent of the sugar crush scrub, definitely agree that it's not the most scrubby scrub ever though! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the scent makes it good enough to keep on using though!! :-)

      Delete
  4. I had my first sniff of Sugar Crush and I was like what is the hype with this stuff. Smelt weird, not a fan!

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scent of sugar crush but I haven't tried the body scrub and I will not be its so disappointing when products don't live up to what they claim to do
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's better not to waste your money!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. i think their ordinary ones are ok but really not worth the hype in my opinion

      Delete