Pages

Saturday 10 January 2015

Review | Makeup Revolution Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Alternate titles for this post are: the best waterproof liquid eyeliner I've ever tried, and the most foolproof liquid eyeliner in existence - a step too far? Not for this bad boy.

Makeup Revolution constantly impress me with their budget, high quality products, and their waterproof liquid eyeliner is no exception. I tend not to opt for waterproof liquid eyeliner because it has the general problem of sticking to my eyelashes and hardening them making it harder to apply mascara afterwards (which is obviously a tragedy, ain't nobody leaving the house with unvoluminous, undefined lashes - I personally am not about that life) plus, unlike my heart, it tends not to be the blackest of black, but that's not the case with this eyeliner.

This eyeliner is blacker than black, long lasting, and ridiculously easy to apply. It has such a thin nib making cat eye flicks achievable for those even with the most uncontrollable of hands, it is literally fool-proof, or as I prefer Bess-proof. You can build it up to a thickness you're happy with but still keep your flicks sharp enough to kill a man.

The only issue I have with this product is that I find it hard to dip the nib in and out of the pot, it's a rather tight squeeze which means it takes slightly longer to do my eyeliner than usual, but this is a tiny flaw and one that I can forgive for on-fleek eyeliner insurance.

Overall, this is possibly the best eyeliner I have ever tried and has quickly become a favourite (seriously, watch this space for my next favourites post, y'all gonna see me rambling on about this beauty I guarantee it). You can actually read and watch my first impression of this product and other Makeup Revolution products in this post (cheeky plug).

What's your favourite liquid eyeliner?

19 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I love the Collection fast stroke liner and I find it lasts literally all day! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love that eyeliner! i use it practically everyday! but i like this one when i want a waterproof one :-)

      Delete
  2. It looks great!

    I am following you on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been cowardly and resorted back to a felt tip liner of recent but they dry out in about a week, so I may have to give this a go :) Also now following you purely for this line: 'but still keep your flicks sharp enough to kill a man.'

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was the main problem i had with felt tip liners!! and i'm glad you enjoyed it haha :D

      Delete
  4. Great review, I've got something similar from KIKO!

    lb-lc fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah cool i've wanted to try out some kiko products for ages!! :-)

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about this. Definitely need to add it to my next order :)

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's become a new favourite of mine, definitely recommend it!! :-)

      Delete
  6. I need to invest in a new liner that keeps my flicks as sharp as the spikes on my JC's, soooooooo this is probably going to end up in my makeup collection soon :D Thanks for the review! :D

    little miss fii | Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is the goal with eyeliner flicks, glad you liked it!!

      Delete
  7. I love eyeliners with tihin nibs perfect for beginners x

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am the type of person who loves eyeliner, and goes no where wiht out it , this is reaosonably priced so worth a try

    http://beautyandtheprince.weebly.com/body-and-skin-care/lulu-boo-frankincense-regenerating-serum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saaaaaame i never leave the house without liquid eyeliner!

      Delete
  9. What a great post. I love that budget products can still amaze us! Looks like it's a great product despite the dipping! :)

    Lucie xx
    Fatbeautyx | Plus Size Fashion & Beauty Blogger & Vlogger



    Don't forget to join StyleLifeBeauty on their Facebook Group & Twitter helping to grow your followers and bring together Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do definitely need to give budget brands more credit :-)

      Delete
  10. I definitely need to explore the Makeup Revolution range a lot more! I'm so used to using my liquid one so would love to give this pen-style one a go :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete