Pages

Sunday 31 January 2016

Eating vegan at Nandos

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to do anymore series on my blog, this is not a series, this is not something I'll do often like I'm a student I don't eat out that much, but I know some people are interested in what vegans can actually eat besides 'rabbit food' (heck, don't get me started) so I thought if I ate out I would do a post on what I can eat, even if you're not vegan like if you want to go for the less fatty option or whatevs.



We went out for one of my housemates' birthday, she's not from the UK and her town doesn't have a Nandos so it was nice to share her first cheeky Nandos experience. So Nandos, a chicken restaurant, they don't specifically cater to vegans, it takes a bit of substitution. On this particular visit, I had to say 'no dairy' about 5 times to the server and explain what dairy was, no I'm not joking (wish I was, that was irritating), the guy serving me then asked if chilli sauce had dairy in it and I was just like bruh wyd but the message did get through and I got a veggie wrap sans yoghurt with peri peri chips which was delish. As far as I know, all of the Peri Peri sauces are vegans so you still get the peri peri sauce on the veggie wraps - I got a hot one because if you're going to Nandos, you've got to do it right, and I got Savanna Cider and water to go with it (vegan cider can be sometimes be hard to find in restaurants, so I like that Nandos do a vegan one).

Side note: all of the veggie meals in Nandos can be made vegan as long as you ask them to remove mayo/yoghurt/cheese - the key to eating vegan when you're in a restaurant is substitution.

What's your peri peri sauce of choice when you go to Nandos?

No comments:

Post a Comment