Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Vegan banana pancakes recipe

I don't think I've ever posted a recipe on my blog before, don't get me wrong, I looove to bake, but I've never really thought I was baking anything that was interesting enough to make a post on. However, I would like to post more vegan recipes because I know a lot of people think that being vegan makes life ridiculously hard and expensive which is quite far from the truth. Furthermore, I know a lot of people have gone vegan for Veganuary so I felt it was appropriate to post this now. I adapted this recipe from this one.



WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE 6 PANCAKES:
  • One banana 
  • 1/2 cup of plain flour
  • 1/2 cup of porridge oats
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 cup of soy milk (or any dairy-free alternative of your choice, I for one am a big lover of oat drink and almond milk but soy milk tends to be cheaper)
HOW TO DO THE THING:
  • Mash up the banana in a bowl until it's a lot more liquidy (the banana is basically replacing the egg so you need it to be a slightly thicker liquid than an egg)
  • In a separate bowl, sieve in your flour (you don't have to do this but it means they'll be a lot lighter and fluffy), baking powder, and add your porridge oats
  • Pour a cup of soy milk (or dairy-free milk alternative of your choice) into the bowl with the dry ingredients
  • Stir until the dry ingredients and the milk are completely combined
  • Add the mashed banana and mix until combined
  • Heat a pan on a high heat and grease it or use a non-stick spray
  • Put about 2 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan at a time for one pancake (this can change depending on how big or small you want your pancakes to be)
  • Wait until the batter starts to bubble and slightly pull away at the sides (so you can see it solidifying at the sides basically)
  • Flip the pancake and let the other side cook for about 1 minute
  • Repeat this process until all the batter is finished, then have the pancakes with any topping of your choice - I sometimes have these with maple syrup but personally, I don't think they need anything else because of the banana taste
Let me know if you decide to try this recipe out, I find little need to be a militant vegan when you can lure people into veganism with tasty treats..

No comments:

Post a Comment