Pages

Saturday 12 July 2014

The lifestyle post - face masks, food and fun

Hello there readers, this post is my very first lifestyle post on this blog - such fun! As it's the summer, I've already started doing things with my friends so I thought I'd share a little snippet of my life with you all! The dates this post covers is the 10th July - 11th July where I had a sleepover with two of my buddies, we decided to bake and watch Miranda because Miranda is one of the greater things in life. We also got through most of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but we got a bit carried away and forgot to get back to it (Harry Potter is an emotional journey anyway and I don't think I was up to it)

To start off, we made a red velvet cake following the Hummingbird bakery recipe (if you want to see a blog post with this recipe, please leave a comment down below because I will definitely be making this again as it was really moist and tasty even though it wasn't the reddest of red velvet cakes)

As my other friends were fasting for Ramadan and I'm not religious, they couldn't eat anything until the evening but they claim that baking  helps them get through it (each to their own, eh?) 

Next on the menu was peanut butter stuffed brownies - I'll give you a second to think about how amazing this was.. If you want a recipe, you can find it here. I may do a blog post on this, but I'm not sure as my friends and I have a long list of food we want to bake over the summer so we may not have time for repeats and my family aren't the biggest brownie fans (let us shun them). We actually didn't  use paper to line the tins so it was quite the struggle getting these out after they had cooled over night, but these tasted best straight out of the oven anyway!

We stayed up until the early hours of the morning so that my friends could eat before their fasting started back up again, in which time we watched a lot of Miranda, and a few videos from 'the youtubers' i.e Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee (don't get me started on Joe Sugg... I think he's a bit tastier than the brownies...)

After a late start to the day (as we had gone to bed late we didn't really wake up until about 11:00am, and even then we didn't really move for another hour as watching Miranda and Jack Whitehall was much more important than movement). Once we had gotten up, we decided to do a face mask which is what we usually do - pamper sessions are a lot of fun with friends, I'm still sitting here stroking my face because of how smooth it feels, don't judge me.. I did the sea mask which was so moisturising, I have normal to combination skin so I could've done any of the masks really but I did  this one and I think I'll be doing it again because my skin feels so hydrated!

Shortly after doing the face masks, one of the group had to leave and then there were two, which wasn't a problem at all. We watched a few more Joe Sugg videos and threw in a few Tanya Burr ones too, and then I left as well so as to not impose and to make it back in time for dinner even though I had eaten so much and wasn't too hungry!

I always feel so tired after a sleepover because of the overload of sugar and lack of sleep, so I took it easy when I got home and watched a classic, Spiderman, with my brother - the Tobey Maguire one. I hadn't really watched it since I was a kid and I always say I prefer the Amazing Spiderman with Andrew Garfield, but I had forgotten how good the original was!

Thanks for reading my lifestyle post, please comment if you'd like to see more posts like these :)

Do you like to bake with friends?

5 comments:

  1. You had such an amazing time, the cake looks absolutely delicious. Brownies are tasty but Joe is definitely tastier than brownies I have to agree with you on there ;)

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was lovely, and the cake tasted fab!! don't even get me started on youtubers, joe sugg and dan howell own the key to my heart x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post!:)
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy<3
    Sweet post, love it!
    Maybe want follow each other? if yes, just follow me and i follow you back :)
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete