Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

Collective beauty & fashion haul - Primark, Savers and more

Hello readers, hope you're all well.
Throughout the month of July, I have been shopping a few times and picked up a few bits so I thought I would show you what I got in video form and in blog post form. The link to the video will be down below, and below that will be a break down of everything I got.




1. White dress - £5 from Primark

This dress was a steal at £5, it's super soft cotton like material with a nice crochet-type detail on the torso and I'm sure I'll get plenty of wear out of it in the next month of summer.

2. Friends shirt - £6 from Primark

I do love my graphic tees and friends so this was the perfect combination, it is such a soft material and it has rolled up sleeves because that's what the cool kids are doing these days. I'm probably going to wear this with skater skirts as skater skirts are among one of my favourite things in the world, if I don't wear it outside at least it's a super cosy top to wear indoors.

 3. Stripy black and white tee - £3.50 from Primark

This top is just a staple and I will definitely get wear out of this, I wanted to buy this last month (which I did a haul for and you can read that here) but they didn't have it in Primark when I went so I had to leave it for a while but now I have it and can flaunt my stripes with pride.

4. Nirvana vest top - £8 from Primark

Nirvana are one of my favourite bands and I really like this vest top, I usually feel a bit insecure wearing vest tops because I don't like my flabby arms being on display for the most part but I wore this just yesterday and thought it actually looked quite good and didn't make my arms look worse, if anything it made them look better. Plus the material is super soft. The only thing I worry about (because I buy far too many graphic tees) is that the design will come off, but I've had some of my graphic tees for over 2 years and the design hasn't come off on those so I reckon they'll last.

5. Nail polish twist pot - £1.00 from Primark

I haven't given this a whirl yet so I don't know how good this is at removing your nail polish, but the idea sounds ground-breaking. I first heard of a nail polish twist pot from this video and I was considering making my own but I thought I'd try out this one first seeming as it's only £1.

6. Barry M nail paint in Navy - £1 from market

I wasn't sure whether to mention this as it's not something that will be available to everyone, but where I live there is a market every Thursday which I usually don't go to because of school (despite the fact I have half days on a Thursday) but my Mum wanted to go so we went, and I thought that £1 is such a good price for Barry M. I like the normal Barry M nail paint formula, I've had problems with the gelly one I've tried but that is another post for another time.

7. Barry M lip gloss - £1 from market

Barry M must be quite cheap wholesale at the moment because there was lots of Barry M at the market. I picked up this because I've recently been loving lip glosses and I've used this a few times, and I can confirm that it is not as sticky as most lip glosses and it smells like these French Haribos I receieved in a Cyber Candy Mystery Box (which I did a haul for and you can see that here) so this was a good purchase. It's not too pigmented because it doesn't come out the colour of the gloss in the bottle but most lip glosses don't so that's not an issue.

8. Beauty Formulas rejuvenating glorious mud mask - £1 from Savers

I highly highly recommend this, for a £1 you get a really nice facial. It's not the best face mask in existence, but I would be willing to argue that it's the best face mask, that costs £1, in existence. I use this twice a week and keeps my skin feeling healthy.

I also got a toner which I spoke about more in this blog post so you can check that out if you want to read about that, it cost £1.50 from Savers.

Thanks for reading, stay classy readers and I'll see you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment