Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

Review | Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Cherry

After hearing so many good reviews about Sleek in general, I knew I had to try something from them, and at the moment I'm just really loving my lipstick - ergo I picked up the Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Cherry.

Let's start off real basic here. The packaging is so-so in my opinion, don't get me wrong I absolutely adore matte black packaging, it just makes a product look a lot more sophisticated, but the packaging of this lipstick is matte and rubbery so it feels a bit cheap, maybe that's just me and from just looking at it, it doesn't look cheap but it feels it. The lipstick is also a bit smaller than your average, this isn't a complaint as you get your average amount of lipstick in there all the same but it feels a fair bit smaller.


If you're not into vampy reddish purples, this may not be the right lipstick for you, but at the moment I am absolutely loving that look and it looks really Autumnal/Wintery so it's seasonally appropriate. It's quite sheeny which worries me a bit with such a dark colour because it could just get everywhere (which happened a couple of times because my hair flies about and whips it all over my face, on the contrary to Willow Smith I don't whip my hair back and forth, it whips back and forth of its own accord) and I did find that this didn't really set, and it felt a bit wet all day but it didn't bleed most likely because I had a lip liner on underneath. I didn't find it drying and it did last me a good 7-8 hours, but keep in mind that this was with a lip liner.


Overall, I really love the finish this product gives and it's a nice change from my usual matte lipsticks, and whilst it can sometimes transfer to other parts of my face due to my hair living by its own rules, it doesn't bleed out and it's generally just a darn good product so I reckon I'll be wearing it right up until Spring rolls around.

What's your current favourite Autumn/Winter lip?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

28 comments:

  1. Such a lovely shade! I love deep reds like this - I've never used a Sleek lipstick before, but I want to pick this one up!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deep reds are the best reds out there, and this is the only one I've tried but based on this I would recommend it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous - such a perfect shade for winter!
    SinĂ©ad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a lovely shade to wear throughout autumn and winter i think :-)

      Delete
  3. oh wow, that's such a beautiful shade!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps.my £660+ beauty giveaway is here if you fancy entering it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely vampy colour - definitely need to give this a try!
    Great blog girlie - now following!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely one of my favourite vampy colours, and thanks!

      Delete
  5. I guess since it's at the cheaper end of the market the packaging suffers - but it's such a gorgeous shade! Sleek are definitely good for pigmentation!

    little miss fii | Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm true, and i'm definitely going to need to try out more seeing the pigment on this one :-)

      Delete
  6. Ooh this looks beautiful! I love dark lips for winter and I've never tried any Sleek products before - but I think I might have to get this!
    Emma
    http://www.peacelovevintage.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's such a lovely winter lip colour! :-)

      Delete
  7. That's really beautiful, it reminds me of Illamasqua Magnetism! x

    Cream Tea And Rose Jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that lipstick looks soooo pretty, i don't own any ilamasqua products though so i'm glad i went for a similar but cheaper option haha!

      Delete
  8. This look gorgeous! - I guess transfer always happens when you mix a lustrous finish with a dark shade :( xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, but at least it looks nice when it's not transferring!

      Delete
  9. Really love this shade! I really want to try some Sleek lipsticks.

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i want to try out some of their other ones, but i love this one for autumn/winter! :-)

      Delete
  10. Love this colour! I have a similar one from Rimmel from the Kate collection that I really love :)

    Annie R Lindberg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i really want to try out some of the kate moss lipsticks!!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. i may do a GRWM soon using this lip colour - thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  12. Sounds like it's got good wear time, and the colour is lovely. I've been wearing provocalips by rimmel the past few days and it's amazing! I'm converted ha.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i've heard some good things about that, i may have to give it a go :D

      Delete
  13. This looks like a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete