Pages

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Drugstore/high street Beauty haul - Superdrug, Savers and more

Hello there readers, you may be shocked to learn that this month I don't have a Primark haul for you all - very sorry, I did buy one thing there this month which I'll show in this post but I have bought quite a few beauty items from Savers, Superdrug and from my local market that I'll show you. If you look below, you'll also see a video so you can grab a cup of tea and watch that, then look at the blog post or do whatever you want - live life on the edge, carpe diem, #YOLO (that's about as gangster as this post gets, sorry)





1. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £2.99 from Savers


I've heard so many good reviews of this product and I felt I had avoided buying it for long enough, hence I bought it. £2.99 seems such good value for this big a bottle, it claims to give you 200 uses but I'm not sure how much I believe that - maybe I should make a chart of how many uses I actually get out of it?!

2. Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream - £1.99 from Savers


I hadn't really read any reviews on this product until after I bought it, but it was reduced and my friend who I was with at the time highly recommended it. I reckon it's going to be very moisturising as you can use it on your body as well as your face, which should be good for the upcoming winter months as I think my skin can get quite dry even though 

3. MUA Bronzed Perfection - £3.00 from Superdrug


I have been in need of a new bronzer for ages because the bronzer I have been using at the moment isn't even a branded bronzer (yes let me be shunned by the beauty community), I have been using a cheap bronzer that I got in a kit from when I was about 13 and as I use it everyday I figured it was time to buy a branded one even if it's MUA which is on the more inexpensive side. It's quite matte so I think that'll make contouring much better, it's also a massive size which is great value for money!

4. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19 from Superdrug


This is a repeat purchase, I don't think this concealer lives up to the hype it's given in the beauty world, but in that moment I knew I needed a new one and I didn't know another high coverage one to turn to. I got it in the colour warm medium which is a bit light for me but as winter is coming I'm sure it'll be fine as I get paler. It's so hard finding a good concealer when you're mixed race, most companies seem to think dark = dark orange which doesn't counteract my dark circles at all because I'm quite a pale mixed race person so.. it's a struggle to say the least.

5. Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish - £1.00 each from Market


I'd like to firstly say, I'm sorry if you don't have a market near you that sells these nail polishes at such a low price, but I figured you'd still want to see them and you can get these nail polishes anywhere anyway. I got them in the colour Black Cab which is your staple black, and Double Decker Red which is your basic red. I think these are especially good Autumn-Winter colours so I'll be able to use them over the next few months as Summer is fleeting, but I reckon you can pull these off in Summer as well. I don't actually have a black or a red nail polish so when I saw them I knew I needed them, and for £1.00 each I couldn't complain.

Thanks for reading/watching!!

What beauty products have you bought recently?

6 comments:

  1. I swear by the Garnier Micellar water; nowhere near 200 uses, I don't think, but it always goes quite a long way.
    As for the concealer, I used to use the Lasting Perfection one but I didn't think it was so amazing, either - have you tried Maybelline 'Fit Me'? It has a great shade range and the coverage is lovely! xx

    francesca | on-thebias | fashion, beauty, lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah no i haven't, but i'll definitely try it out after this concealer starts to run out - thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  2. Garnier Cleansing Water is on my wishlist for a long time but it's not released yet in Indonesia :( Hopefully they'd come out soon.

    xx
    http://felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear, maybe you can order it online? i'll hope for you that it comes out in indonesia soon as i quite like it!!

      Delete
  3. Love the Garnier one, such a bargain! xx

    ieyra | babysoulz

    ReplyDelete