Pages

Saturday 6 December 2014

Review | Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry

Despite the fact that I am an amateur in the world of beauty and I don't like to overcomplicate my daily makeup routine, I had never used a chubby stick before now and I think I really need to buy more as they're low maintenance and idiot-proof.

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry - £7.99
I bought the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in the shade Sultry because it looked like a nice everyday somewhat nude or your-lip-colour-but-better for darker skinned people like myself. Plus I don't really have any nude or everyday type lip products (except for lip gloss and lip balm) in my collection which is silly giving that they're a lot more suitable for sixth form, so when my Auntie kindly gave me a £20 voucher for Boots I decided to pick this up as there was a deal if you spent £9.99 at the Revlon counter you could get this for free, there was really no way I could avoid it.. right?


On the swatch, it appears to be a brownish type nude which is essentially what it is but it has hints of dusty pink in there too (a little bit Kylie Jenner) which makes it such a beautiful and versatile shade. I absolutely love it and it's a bit more vampy than your run-of-the-mill nude which I am aware sounds ridiculous but it really does look a bit vampy for a nude!


It glides on like an absolute dream, you would be surprised that it's a matte shade given that it feels so moisturising on application. It does dry matte but it isn't at all dying, however I did find that after a day of sixth form my lips were feeling a little bit dry, but the fact that it lasted me from about 7:30am to 16:00pm is pretty astonishing and honestly not what I was expecting! 

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product and I am already fighting off the urge to dash back to Boots and buy some more from this range (and the other chubby sticks, I needs all the chubby sticks now).

What's your favourite chubby stick?

18 comments:

  1. I love the shade! I've been wanting to buy this for a while now but I'm scared it won't suit me. I think this post may have swayed me to buy it soon! x

    http://eliseilou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really beautiful and i can imagine it would suit any skin tone to be honest!! thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  2. This isn't a shade I'd usually go for but it looks lovely :) I've heard great things about the matte balms! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've heard so many good things about the revlon colourburst sticks in general so i'm definitely going to be picking up some more!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely shade, it's a little bit like the lipstick Kylie Jenner wears! Lovely post x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the revlon colourbust matte balms, this a lovely colour, may have to pick this up xx

    http://ktbeauty96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really want to try out the rest of them!!

      Delete
  5. This shade is so pretty! I really want to get it but it's a popular shade so it's often sold out :)

    thatsfetch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah that sucks! if you can, get your hands on it!! :-)

      Delete
  6. This is such a gorgeous shade! I always swatch it in store but it isn't a shade that suits me unfortunately, a little too brown for me

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's a shame, i think that's why it works for me given my skin tone haha

      Delete
  7. This is such a gorgeous shade - I'll definitely have to run out and purchase it!


    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, this product looks lovely, thanks for sharing! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this exact shade! Completely agree with you that it's like a brown nude mixed with a Kylie Jenner-esque tone! This is the first shade that I bought from the collection, I also have a light pink and an orangey red, but this will always be the shade that I reach for :) x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i really want to buy some more from this collection! :-)

      Delete