Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

March wishlist

Another month has gone by, which means it's time for another wishlist - let me assure you, #TheDress is not on there*.


I'm no expert when it comes to contouring and general bronzing of the facial area, in my life I think I've owned three different bronzers, but I've never tried out a cream bronzer which is why I'd really like to try out the Bourjois Bronzing Primer**. I think cream would be easier to contour because you can use your finger to guide out where you want it to go and blend it out, plus I find the Bourjois Bronzing Powder a pretty good shade for me even though it's a little bit orange-y so perhaps not one for the paler folks, but I'd quite like to try out a cream product.

I'm also a bit of a newbie with powders, I own the Collection Sheer Loose Powder and it does the job of mattifying and setting my makeup but I find loose powder problematic because I always wear black so when I spill powder on myself I look a little bit foolish, so I'd quite like to try the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder as it seems a less messy and it's recommended by so many people, I don't go for coverage with powder so I'd just get the transparent one.

I've mentioned countless times that I find foundation and concealer difficult to get right, mostly because the beauty industry doesn't generally include black people or mixed race people and if they do go darker than the fifty shades of white they have on  often, it's usually a lovely shade of tangerine. However, the L'Oreal True Match foundation seems to have such a wide shade range and I've seen quite a few people compare it to MAC Studio Fix foundation, and I'd rather spend £10 on a foundation than £20 - mans gotta save money in the recession.

If you're new to my blog or don't read my 'Music of the month' series you may or may not know that I love Rage Against The Machine and My Chemical Romance - I'm not over the emo stage I went through at age 12, will I ever be? Who knows? Anyway, I've only been able to listen to them on Spotify and it gets annoying when I'm out without wi-fi and can't listen to Know Your Enemy or  Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) y'know I'm going to be in a bad mood. I love all of the songs on both Rage Against The Machine and May Death Never Stop You, I'd love to buy all of My Chemical Romance's albums but I'll start with a compilation album, and I've found Rage Against the Machine on eBay and May Death Never Stop You on Amazon for under £5 so it's a win win for me.

What's on your wishlist for March?

*I saw the dress initially as black and blue but then it kept changing from black and blue to white and gold, but it's black and blue, let's shut up about it now.
**I don't understand why the heck it's called a bronzing primer seeming as everyone whose used it has said it's just a regular bronzer, does it prime? This is one of the unanswerable questions of the universe.

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

8 comments:

  1. I love the loreal true match foundation I honestly think it resembles Mac foundation!
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore MCR, also went through an emo stage as a young teen lool (I agree, you never really get over it lol) their songs always bring back memories! Oh you must try the stay matte powder it's fab, especially the translucent one. I love your blog it's just gorgeous, glad I found it! Now following :) x

    www.diaryofadeera.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is a childhood without an emo stage? and thank you so much!!

      Delete
  3. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is so so good! Im loving your blog, great post
    Chloe x

    chlodrop6.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've heard great things about it, thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love that Rimmel powder! That's so confusing about the bronzing primer, like what does that even mean? x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've such some really good things, and i know right!!

      Delete