Pages

Friday 20 March 2015

Blogger comments, it's not you, it's me.. well it is you actually

After a long time of deliberating, I decided to upgrade from Blogger comments to Disqus comments about a week ago. I'd been considering doing it for ages after hearing somewhere in one of the blogger chats by various people that Disqus makes your blog look more professional, I'm not saying that I changed it to necessarily increase my 'internet prestige' but I do think it looks a lot nicer and sleeker than Blogger comments, so I'm glad I changed - but here's why you should consider it too.

Disqus works as a wingman for your other posts

What you may notice is that under the Disqus comments section, there are recommended posts and discussions from other posts on your blog, so it drives more traffic to your other posts. As Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother might say, it's the bro code. Haaaaaaaaaaave you met Disqus? It's your next blogging wingman.

Neil Patrick Harris

You actually get notifications when people respond to you

Blogger comments are quite frustrating in that you don't get a notification when someone responds to you, sure it's easy enough for you to respond to comments but they won't know you've responded unless they've checked back. It's a bit like a one-way conversation, with Disqus you get to see what people respond to you, almost as if you're having a proper conversation which allows you to really engage with the blogger community which is pretty nice if you're like me and no one engages with you.. like ever, at least with Disqus you'll get some kind of communication in your life.

Disqus is a lot more attractive

It's like Joey Tribbiani once said in Friends - 'y’know how when you’re dating someone and you don’t want to cheat on them, unless it’s with someone really hot?' Disqus just looks a lot nicer and professional, and a lot less Blogger if you get what I mean. Listen to the wisdom of Joey.

Joey Tribbiani


Those are the main reasons why I prefer Disqus and why I'm immensely happy I made the switch, so if you're thinking of switching over I hope I've managed to convince you that it is worth it.

Which commenting system do you use?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment