Pages

Sunday 22 March 2015

A Curious Contouring Culprit

When it comes to contouring, I'm no expert. In fact, I'm extremely amateur. I don't have many bronzing products to attempt to sculpt my potato-resembling face, and until about this time last year, I had never even attempted to contour. This sentence doesn't have a 'but', I'm still an amateur, but after trying out a few products to contour, I think I have found a super good, but unlikely, product to do it. 



As you can see in the picture above, I am not the most amazing contourer* but I still think the product I used is worth a mention here on 'fashion, beauty and an existential crisis'. Enter Makeup Revolution's Mono Eyeshadow in Mmmm (which I reviewed here). Crappy name, I know. Like seriously crappy, but crappy shade names aside, this stuff is ideal for contouring.



It's a matte, ashy brown which means it looks like shadow when used for contouring - it actually accentuates  your cheek bones without a hint of orange in sight. It is super pigmented so I would go light handed or seriously blend this out otherwise you may look a little bit like you've been playing around with war paint. It is pretty blendable, but if you have dry patches on your cheeks you may find this clings a little bit to them so be wary and be sure to concentrate moisturiser on these areas before doing your makeup and using this to contour.

The best part about this product that it only costs £1 which is ridiculously cheap anyway, but especially for something you can use for contouring - regardless, you can't really go wrong for £1.

What's your favourite contouring product?

*And clearly not the best at using actual words in the actual dictionary that are actually in current use by the world's population

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment