Pages

Friday 27 June 2014

Empties #1

Hello there readers, today I have an Empties post which is part video part blog post - I have a video on my youtube account but if you keep on reading, you'll find that I have also typed up mini reviews on these products (which will you can read in your own comfort without hearing the sound of my voice and in a more eloquent way)




1. Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer in Dark

Pros:
- Cheap
- Smooth consistency that is easy to blend

Cons:
- Was too pink toned for my skin tone (damn you makeup companies that don't cater for the mixed race makeup enthusiast!!)
- Didn't really help with dark circles and sometimes made spots stand out more
- Was sparkly which sometimes was good but for the most part wasn't too nice

Repurchase?
I'm afraid not Miss Sporty, for I have found another who satisfies my needs better and that is Collection. However, if you're lighter skinned this may work for you, it just seems that makeup companies don't understand that mixed race/dark does not equate to dark pink!

2. Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean 3-in-1 Wash-Off Deep Purifying Cleanser

Pros:
- Made my skin very smooth
- Smelled lovely
- Worked well as a face mask
Cons:
- I sometimes go a bit red if I leave it on too long, or you'll at least get redness on the first go but that is because it's so strong!
- Not cheap for a cleanser
- The pump isn't efficient to get out those remains at the bottom

Repurchase?
I think I will be repurchasing this, it is about £8 usually which isn't cheap at all but I use it as a face mask so it has lasted me a very long time so I think I got my money's worth (I also got this in the Yule Monty so it was cheaper anyway)

3. Nivea Powder Touch Anti-Perspirant

Pros:
- No white marks on clothes
- Long lasting
- Smelled satisfactory
- Convenient size

Cons:
- I prefer roll-ons.. (not really a con but that goes to show what a good product it is)

Repurchase?
I may repurchase this, although as I explained in the video I got this as a free sample whilst in Superdrug a long time ago so I have no idea how much it is usually, but I wouldn't imagine it's too expensive. Whilst I prefer roll-ons, I think this is probably more hygienic and long lasting - you can't go wrong, right?

4. Soap & Glory The Scrub of your Life

Pros:
- Worked lovely on my legs and arms
- Lathered up very well with bubble bath
- Big sugar granules so I felt like it really exfoliated my skin
- Lovely scent

Cons:
- Not cheap
- Didn't help much with my dry elbows

Repurchase?
I'm unsure as to repurchase this, yes I did like it  and I love soap and glory but one of the main reasons I started using it (besides the fact it was in the Yule Monty that I received for Christmas) was to help with my elbows and it did very little for that. I may try one of their other body scrubs though, who knows? I liked this product so it's likely I'll return to it despite the fact it didn't help with my elderly man elbows.

5. Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner

Pros:
- Made my skin feel very fresh and clean
- Cheap
- Good for sensitive skin

Cons:
- Not much of a scent

Repurchase?
I would definitely repurchase this, and I'm fairly certain I've repurchased it in the past. It is your basic staple toner, so when I feel like I don't want to spend too much or I'm not going to be adventurous and try something new I will return to this. As it says on the packing, it is 'simple'.

6. Superdrug Dry Shampoo (Head in the Clouds)

Pros:
- Not too powdery
- Cheap

Cons:
- Not much of a scent
- The spray can make it harder for me to breath (that could just be me, but I'm not asthmatic or anything so I don't know..)

Repurchase?
I am unsure as to whether I'll repurchase this. It's a very very basic dry shampoo, and I know the pound store does brands like Batiste in there sometimes for dry shampoo so I think I'm going to check the pound store before returning back to this!

Thanks for reading/watching, I hope you enjoyed this post and if you'd like more things like this in the future please do comment  down below!!

What products have you used up recently?




No comments:

Post a Comment