Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Full face of first impressions - Makeup Revolution

For a while I've wanted to start up a series on my blog in conjunction with my YouTube channel in which I do a full face of make up (somewhat of a tutorial or how I would do my ordinary makeup) using only products from one brand, preferably products I haven't used before, and giving you my first impressions, and providing you with links to reviews on a product if I have used it before or made a review before the post/video goes up - and this post marks the pilot of this series (such fun!)

I'm kicking things off with Makeup Revolution for two reasons: they're a popular brand and reviews of their products generally go down quite well, and they're inexpensive and I already can tell this series is going to be expensive - first things first, there were a few products I couldn't get a hold of so I used products by other brands and I mentioned what they are in the video rather than talking about them in the blog post.



The base:


  • The matte effect foundation:
    - Repurchase? Yes, it was a good colour match for me although not high coverage, but for £2 it was well worth it and I've never had a foundation match me so well
  • Focus & fix liquid concealer: 
    - Repurchase? No, it was really really low coverage, if it can't even cover up spots (let alone circles under my eyes dark as my soul) then it's not really doing enough for me
The brows:


  • Mono eye shadow in 'Mmm':
    - Repurchase? Hells to the yeah, and I really want to try out their other mono eye shadows because this was so pigmented and buttery and generally a good egg, I've been using it on my brows everyday since discovering it
The eyes:


  • Focus & Fix eye primer: 
    - Repurchase? Yes, it's inexpensive and does a basic priming job so it's a win for me
  • Iconic 1 palette:
    - Repurchase? Yes, when I hit pan on all of the shades, it's a dupe of the Naked palette and about 10 times cheaper, how could I not repuchase this?
  • Waterproof liquid eyeliner:
    - Repurchase? Yes, it's long lasting and creates a nice cat eye flick. The only issue I had is that it's hard to dip the nib in and out of the pot but it's generally a good'un.
  • Amazing Volume mascara:
    - Repurchase? Yes, it's not ridiculously volumising like other mascaras I've tried but it is pretty volumising given that it's about 3-4 times cheaper than any other mascara I've tried 
Facial definition:

  • Baked highlighter in Pink Lights:
    - Repurchase? Definitely, this is amazing value for money but mind you, you've got to use a light hand (in the video I went pretty heavy) but if you do dust a tiny bit on the top of your cheek bones, you are heading towards the pathway of Kim K contour (which is obviously what we must all aspire to in life)
The lips:


  • Matte lipstick in Dare:
    - Repurchase? Yes definitely, this wasn't actually a first impression but I do love it and think it's so good for just £1
What other brands would you like to see first impressions of?

23 comments:

  1. Oh no! And I'd heard good things about the concealer, but my dark circles are a force to be reckoned with! I still might have to give it a go seeing as its just £1.50.
    lexmorrisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same! i had heard good things about it, so unless i picked up a bad batch i think the reviews were overly kind!! suppose it's worth a go, it might work for you :-)

      Delete
  2. One of my favourite brands is MUA and it seems like Makeup Revolution is the new inexpensive wowwing brand in town. I haven't tried a single product of theirs yet but the amount of reviews I've read are tempting me. A waterproof eyeliner sounds amazing- I find that sometimes my eyeliner travels through the day- not good. The look you have created is beautiful and I love the little descriptions.
    Julianne xx
    julzobsessions.blogspot.co.uk or bloglovin.com/blog/3478503

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really like MUA but i think makeup revolution trumps them, you should really try them out - such good value!!

      Delete
  3. It's great to see all of these products in one post! I quite like first impressions posts and knowing whether or not you'd repurchase. It's also great that you inject some humour into it, "circles under my eye as dark as my soul" gave me a good chuckle! I've got a tonne of Makeup Rev eye shadow palettes that I've been testing out when I can, they've just got such an amazing variety!

    Sarah xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really like first impressions posts too, and glad you enjoyed it haha!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you tried some incredible products! I'm a big fan of Makeup Revolution, especially the lipsticks and eyeshadows. Such gorgeous products for such amazing prices! Next on my list is the highlighter I think :)
    Great post, was a pleasure to read x

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their lipsticks and eyeshadows are my favourite but their highlighter was really impressive! thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  5. This was really helpful because I love Makeup Revolution and now I know which of their products to maybe steer away from :)
    You looked fantastic at the end, love the lip colour!

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! Surprisingly, I've never used any makeup revolution porducts so this has definitely helped me out!

    Sophie x | sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. they're definitely one of my favourites :-)

      Delete
  8. I love Makeup revolution too!

    xo esmee | www.lifebyesmee.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they quickly became one of my favourite brands :-)

      Delete
  9. I love Makeup Revolutions. Such great quality and very affordable x

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried MU Revolution!! This is a gorgeous look however :) x

    Bebhinn + A Judge Less Life
    ajudgelesslife.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, they're such good value for money! and thanks!! :-)

      Delete