Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

The spending ban wishlist

I don't know about you, but after Christmas I was in serious need of a spending ban, so for the whole of January I'm not doing any shopping, this is also partially because I'm going to a concert at the end of the month (which I'm super excited for) that I need to pay for, so money is something I am lacking in right now - you feel me?

However, I still find myself pining after certain beauty items - it's tough reading review after review on certain products and not being able to buy them, so my solution is to create a wishlist so that I can either buy these products once my spending ban is up or I can buy any possible dupes of them (which I probably will do being the cheapskate thrifty spender that I am)


What kind of generic eighteen year old would I be if I didn't want MAC's Velvet Teddy? I've been very into brownish-pinky nudes at the moment, they've become somewhat of an everyday item, so it may be worth it to splash out and buy the MAC one. Although I have heard that Revlon do a dupe called Mauve It Over of it so it's quite possible I'll buy their version of it for half the price of MAC.

If you've watched any of my YouTube videos you'll know I have a lot of hair, and people with thick hair all seem to love the Tangle Teezer - now don't get me wrong I'd love to try it, but it bothers me how it's spelt 'Teezer'.. what's up with that? What's held me back from buying this is that at the end of the day, it's an expensive brush so I've found it hard  to make the purchase but I would eventually like to buy one and see if it's worth the hype.

I think one of the most hyped about products in the bloggersphere by far is the Benefit They're Real mascara and it looks really good from all of the reviews I've read, but nearly £20 for a mascara seems a bit ridiculous so I may buy a sample size or look around for a dupe.

The Real Techniques make up brushes are arguably the most popular make up brushes, which is why I feel somewhat ashamed to say that I don't even own one. I do own some really good make up brushes from eBay, but I hear so many good things about the Real Techniques ones that I'd like to try them, plus it would be nice to have more make up brushes so I don't have to wash my current ones as often (I'm lazy, chill)

Urban Decay have revolutionised the world of eye shadow with their Naked palettes, and whilst I don't want to dole out £37 on their Naked palettes (as you can buy £4 dupes from Makeup Revolution) I think their basics palettes are, whilst still expensive, a lot cheaper and more wearable shades, I think the Naked Basics 2 palette would be more wearable for me but both palettes have such nice neutral shades.

Have you tried any of these products?
Do you have any dupes for these products?

10 comments:

  1. Unless you're looking for a great waterproof mascara then They're Real is worth it, otherwise it is a pain to get of :/
    Love this post :D

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh ok, i'm thinking it probably is worth it because mascara lasts me a long time but £20 feels like a lot to spend on a mascara haha - thanks!

      Delete
    2. I can't have a spending ban in January. So many nice things on the sale

      Delete
    3. ahaha it does require a certain degree of will power (especially hard now as boots are doing revlon 2 for £10)

      Delete
  2. I need to put a ban on myself but i really don't have the will power! The Naked 2 palette is definitely on my list!! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha that's why i've never put myself on one before but the time has come, ah nice choice :-)

      Delete
  3. These are all lovely bits, the Shaun the Sheep Tangle Teezer is so cute! I have tried to put myself on a spending ban this month... hasn't gone too well so far!
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha there's always next month! i am pretty skint right now so i don't have the option to go spending as i usually would :'(

      Delete
  4. Omg I NEED the Shaun the Sheep Tangle Teezer! So cute! I already have a Tangle Teezer and I love it, but a Shaun one is so much cooler haha :D

    The Naily Mail

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why have a normal tangle teezer when you can have a shaun the sheep one?! i wouldn't mind a normal one but i do love the shaun the sheep one

      Delete