Pages

Sunday 24 May 2015

Bowling for Soup, Milidaddy, and the last week


one.
I have been listening to Bowling for Soup so much recently, I used to love them when I was younger but I stopped listening to them for some reason - but I'm back and the love is stronger than ever.

two.
In the space of a day, I danced around a tree singing A Theory of Justice with my Philosophy class (at the expense of our dignity in front of the year 7s) and by the end of the day my Psychology teacher thought I had a Daddy kink (seriously, you can't get away with saying things like Milidaddy these days) - also karma did us all good in the sixth form.

three.
My first exam is out of the way and it was a Psychology retake. I actually was only a few marks away from an A in that unit when I did it first time but it's worth 30% of my overall grade so it made more sense to retake that one than my other As unit - think it went better than last year which is good!

four.
We had a fictional character dress up day at sixth form (doing cute end of year things for the whole last week) and me and my friend Isabella who I've mentioned countless times in posts/videos came dressed as Cher and Dionne, I know what you're thinking - As if!! It was pretty darn awesome, although I was scared people were going to mistake me for a slutty school girl the entire day. My friend came as No Face from Spirited Away and scared the hell out of practically everyone she saw - it was brilliant!

five.
We had a cute little indoors picnic with the sixth form, it was really nice to be with all the people there because my sixth form is pretty small and we're all pretty friendly with each other so it was cool to all sit down together and play Chinese whispers and Truth or Dare with them.

six.
On a Thursday I don't have any lessons, just free study periods, and the people I have them with are pretty brilliant so it was kinda emotional knowing it was the last time we were all going to be together - it's been pretty cool having a group of people who are always open to singing High School Musical (we do get some work done, promise)

seven.
I really enjoyed Leaver's assembly (which turned into a bit of a disco afterwards). Our Head of Year made us a cute video which had a bunch of pictures of us from like Year 8 because he's only been with us for a year and he said he wanted to know what we were like when we were younger (bit cringey, but massively funny) and my friend made a really top notch video which had messages from teachers and pictures of us all, my favourite messages from teachers definitely were the ones from my Philosophy teachers (we had two last year so they both did messages) and they spoke about the pranks we pulled on them and how we gave one of them a limited edition Kate Bush vinyl for Christmas (definitely the best present we could've gotten him) which brought back great memories - I reiterate, I'm really going to miss my Philosophy class

eight.
After the Leaver's assembly finished, me and my friends took some of the leftover food (it was offered, it's not theft) and came back to my house and watched Notting Hill which was super cute, we were really overwhelmed and exhausted after the last week of school so it was nice to have a bit of chilled hangout sesh.

nine.
I can't even begin to express how much I'm going to miss my Philosophy class. My teacher is the best teacher I've ever had (he recommends the best films and music, and he's spoken to me about Morrissey and/or The Smiths multiple times which is all you really need to do if you want to become my friend) and the actual class is so closely knit (minus one person, but let's not get into that). We've created a Whatsapp group chat to stay in contact, and we've made it abundantly clear that we have to go out for a cheeky Nandos at some point over the Summer. We made our teacher a video to say thank you for the past couple of years, which I could show you but I don't know if you'd understand the private jokes involved - it included us skipping around trees singing to a song from a Philosophy related musical, and a Dalek relaxation tape at the end.. I couldn't even begin to explain. I decided to read through some of the messages in my year book, and I'm not going to show you all of them but my Philosophy teacher's one was so good I have to share it - told you he was awesome.




ten.
Now that all the hype of Leavers is over, I'm cracking back onto revision and editing the vlogs of this week in my breaks (also watching TV shows, even though I've now finished Peep show which was amazing might I add)

How have the past couple of weeks been for you?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment