Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

My 100th post - let's get better acquainted, shall we?

I started this here old blog in the Summer of 69 2014, and here I am at 100 posts, which I know for some people is nothing and I knew when I started writing on my first blog in 2013 that blogging was just something I really clicked with and it became a hobby pretty quickly. So, just to commemorate reaching my 100th post, I thought I'd do answer a few blogging questions which were from a tag but I picked the ones I thought would be more interesting.

tea, cute, photo, blog, lifestyle


1. When did you start blogging?
I technically started blogging in August 2013 when I was 16 and just about to go into sixth form. In fact, you can see my first ever blog post here. Although, I started blogging on this blog in June 2014 because I didn't feel like my old blog looked at all professional and I just wanted a fresh start, I wanted to really put more effort into my posts, take better photos, have a little more schedule, and whilst I don't think this blog looks super professional, I am quite proud of it considering I did all the HTML stuff myself and I didn't pay for a template or anything (not that there's anything wrong with that) and in comparison to my old blog, it's come a heck of a long way.

2. What encouraged you to start?
I remember I had just gotten into loads of beauty YouTubers and I realised they all had blogs and a lot of them had started from blogging. Then I saw this video by Zoella and SprinkleOfGlitter and I convinced myself I could do it. Also, I had been told by teachers before that I was quite good at writing so it was my strong point and something I enjoyed doing.

3. What was the first blog you ever actively followed?
I'm pretty certain it was Zoella which I know is the generic answer that ever blogger gives, but I'm tired of people giving Zoe slack. The fact is that she has worked to get to where she is now, whether you think she'd 'sold out to the man' or not doesn't take away the fact that she worked hard on her blog and YouTube channel and that's why she's so popular now, I have absolutely no shame in saying that Zoe's is the first blog I've ever actively followed.

4. What type of things do you blog about?
Just about everything. I would say beauty is the main thing I come back to, but more recently I am loving doing little lifestyle posts and little social justice rants, as well as writing about books and music. I always wanted my space on the internet to be just that - my space. I never wanted to feel confined to doing just one specific thing, and whilst it may mean that not all my followers will like what I'm posting, I enjoy it and I love being able to basically blog about what I want.

5. What has been your biggest revelation since beginning blogging?
You can blog about whatever the heck you want and there will always be people who will be interested in reading it. There are all sorts of people out there and there will be some people who are interested in the things you like to post, so you can basically have complete freedom in blogging and still be embraced within the community which is really comforting.

6. What do you find toughest about blogging?
Taking nice photos and trying not to go off on a tangent in my posts, I sometimes get a bit rambly and off topic.

7. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Being able to express myself and be appreciated for it, and by extension, the community. I love the Twitter chats and just being a part of the blogging community because everyone seems to be so gosh darn nice.

8. What are your blogging ambitions for 2015?
I'd quite like to get to 500 followers and generally improve my photos and writing quality, there's always room for improvement though so this is an ongoing goal.

9. Recommend five blogs for anyone reading to follow....
Dinner with Maddie
Milk Bubble Tea
Kayla Hadlington
Mermaidens
Aspiring Londoner

Who are your favourite bloggers?

No comments:

Post a Comment