Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die

I wonder if it's possible to get so passionate about a nail polish that you dedicate The Smiths lyrics to it, although the thought process behind this title is perfectly logical. See, the nail polish in question is Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish in Double Decker Red. The song There is a Light That Never Goes Out has a line in it which goes:

If a double decker bus crashes into us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die

You see the connection? It made me laugh at least (I like to imagine that somewhere Morrissey is reading my blog with his cup of tea and having a little chuckle at my post titles, it's always for you Mozza)

rimmel, nail polish, i love lasting finish, double decker red, beauty, blogger, the queen is dead, the smiths, notd
I tried to keep my big DSLR out of the reflection but 'frankly, Mr Shankly' I did a bad job. Also, excuse my chubby fingers (although 'some girls are bigger than others').. Okay, I'll stop before this gets too far, I guess 'I started something I couldn't finish'.. Darn it, wrong album.



Anyway, back to the nail polish. This stuff is hella good. I actually bought this nail polish about a year ago and I remember thinking it was average, nothing special, pretty run of the mill, but upon trying it again, I have completely fell in love. It's super opaque, this is what threw me off the very first time I used it. My thought process was that it was super opaque so I only needed one coat, then when it chipped super easily, I was annoyed and I couldn't be bothered with it. This time, I was a lil bit frisky and went for two coats. You get such an even finish and even without a base coat, you get longevity, we're talking 3-5 days, which is decent for my piano playing hands anyone who plays a musical instrument knows that nail polish tends not to stick around too long (it would probably be longer for you if you don't bash your hands around on the piano) but even without a base coat it doesn't stain your nails. The colour is also a lovely bright red and one that would suit any skin tone, plus because it's so bright it seems pretty summer appropriate.

It's a winner for me - nice one, Rimmel. Now for the song you've all been waiting for...


What's your favourite nail polish brand?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment