Pages

Sunday 19 July 2015

Sleepovers, ciders, and new obsessions

lifestyle, ten things, lbloggers, sleepovers, cider, new obsessions, favourites, party, tracy beaker, tracy beaker returns, kandee johnson, attack on titan, shopping, across the universe, wayne goss, reverse washing,


one.
I finally tried out the whole reverse washing thing that seems to be revolutionising hair washing at the moment, I have to say my hair feels hella soft so nice one beauty community!!

two.
I have been obsessed with Wayne Goss' videos at the moment, I had seen a few of his before and thought they were good but I've been watching them non-stop - definitely give them a go if you're quite interested in makeup technique!

three.
I decided to watch Across the Universe again as I haven't seen it in a long time and I'm so in love, I remember loving it the last time I watched it but it's a theatrical masterpiece. A must-watch for any Beatles fan but even if you're not into The Beatles (in which case, you are beyond help sorry*) it's just such an enjoyable film. It takes place during the 60s so it's very much focused on protests and love and revolution, and the way Beatles songs are used to aid the storyline is brilliant - especially I Want You (She's So Heavy) like the interpretation of that song for this film is just spectacular.


four.
I went out to Westfield with a bunch of friends after staying in the house for about a week post-holiday (not joking, I literally didn't leave the house) and it was really lovely to meet up with people post-exam because the whole stress factor is gone (at this point, wait until results day draws nearer).

five.
I slept round at my friend's house with a few other friends and I don't think I've laughed so much in ages, we watched Emperor's New Groove (one of my all-time favourite Disney films), The Addams Family, and Grease, as well as having an abundance of cider and playing the iPhone Charades app at 5am - I think we can establish I can't make animal noises for the life of me.

six.
At the sleepover, we did a little makeover session and made over my friends Khushboo and Joey who don't usually wear makeup - it was quite funny because they didn't know what half the products do, except now they want to give me a makeover which could turn out quite badly . . . stay tuned on my YouTube channel, you may see something there . . . *gulp*

seven.
After spending a day apart with my friends, we decided another sleepover was in order and in the duration of that sleepover I have become hooked on Attack on Titan - we watched about 12 episodes and I'm so in love. I don't want to finish it though because apparently there's a massive cliffhanger and it's going to be about a year for the next series to come out (unless I start reading the manga) - seriously, I think anyone could get into this, the episodes are short and action packed but if you're not into action, you'll probably like it, and so far that hasn't really been much romance which is really refreshing.

eight.
As well as Wayne Goss, I've become obsessed with Kandee Johnson's videos. I'm not sure what it is but I'm loving the professional makeup artists on YouTube at the moment, I always had this preconception that they were pretentious because they knew what they were doing so I always preferred watching people who did the cliche disclaimer 'I'm not a makeup artist' at the beginning of their videos, but the makeup artists on YouTube are anything but pretentious and they're really helpful so I've been obsessed.

nine.
I've rewatched the entirety of Tracy Beaker Returns in the past few weeks (y'know the spin off from the Story of Tracy Beaker?) and I forgot how good it was! Sure, it's still a bit of a kiddy show but I've actually cried at it a fair few times (as I did the first time I watched it) and it does actually talk about some pretty real issues, I've moved onto the spin-off from that which is The Dumping Ground which is also pretty good - don't poopoo Tracy Beaker folks.

ten.
It was my friend Isabella's 18th birthday (you've probably seen her if you've watched any of my vlogs on my YouTube channel) and she threw a garden party which was super cute, although the weather was a little bit icky (hey, it's England) it was a lot of fun!

*This is a very tongue in cheek comment, it's cool if you don't like The Beatles. Well, not cool, you'll come to your senses soon.

How have the past couple of weeks been for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment