Pages

Thursday 11 December 2014

Review | Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr in On and On Bronze

I think I've made it pretty clear that when it comes to beauty, I'm not very experimental so I tend to stick with what I know. Regarding eyeshadows, this meant I stuck to powdered ones. However, after reading so many positive reviews and generally hearing people rave about this cream eyeshadow from Maybelline, I decided to give it a go.

I am a total convert from powder to cream, this shade is beautiful and very similar to one of the bronze type shades in my Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 palette that I had hit pan on. I also have to mention my love of the packaging, I'm not sure if it's actually glass but if not it's very sturdy and well made plastic, sure it makes you think there's more in there than there really is but hey. I'm generally not a girl to judge by appearance, but it's always a bonus to have nice packaging.

As per usual, the swatch doesn't do the product justice, seriously though *11/10 would recommend this
It is extremely pigmented and glides on with ease. You can swipe on one layer for a less strong look or to use as a primer, or you can build it up for the ultimate bronze-splosion. What really impresses me with this besides from the amazing pigmentation and how easy and quick it is to use, is the fact that it does not crease whatsoever and I find with a lot of powder eyeshadows that it creases after a day of school, but this one not only lasted from 7:30am to 16:00pm without creasing, but it lasted until about 23:00pm that evening and it was still a clear, mostly uncreased bronze so I am thoroughly impressed.


Overall, I am really impressed with this eyeshadow and I want to pick up a few more, although from the reviews I've read this seems to be the best one in the range. For £4.99, the quality is absolutely fantastic and I'm pretty certain this is going to become a part of my daily makeup routine!!

What's your favourite cream eyeshadow?

*Statistics in this post may be false

14 comments:

  1. I ADORE this eyeshadow. I'm wearing it right now haha! My other favourite shade is Pink Gold and I'm dying to get my hands on Metallic Pomegranate!

    Rhianna | robowecop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is sooooooo good!! and ah i may have to try them out, i really want to buy other stuff from this collection! :-)

      Delete
  2. On and On Bronze is one of the best eye shadows I have purchased, it is such good value for money and lasts a long time too.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i completely agree, it's become a favourite now :-)

      Delete
  3. I love this eyeshadow so much, I wear it all the time! Lovely post :) x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this eye shadow range, one of my favourites! I don't have this shade but desperately want it to add to my collectionn. Fab review! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i highly recommend it, such a good everyday shade good for all skin tones - thanks!!

      Delete
  5. Sounds so interesting, I've always used powdered ones too. I'm tempted to try the creamy ones now!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. highly recommend it, even if just as a primer, plus it means no fall down which is a bonus - thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. I love this shade. I recommend checking out the Metallic Pomegranate- it's a deep berry with gold shimmer. It can be applied quite sheer then built up for a stronger look :-) xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really want to try out that one, it looks so pretty! :-)

      Delete
  7. I really want to try these but am too scared to try anything other than powder. It sounds like it's easy to apply though! I must pop it onto my wish list :-) x

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i prefer these so much more to powder, and this is coming from someone who usually uses powder everyday! :-)

      Delete