Pages

Saturday 13 December 2014

Review | Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Really Red

For a person who doesn't like looking too over the top for everyday, I sure do love me a red lip (as my growing collection would surely indicate)

As you may have seen in this haul, I picked up a Revlon lipstick in a deal at Boots (spend £9.99 and get a ColourBurst Matte Balm free, seriously it would have been offensive to refuse that). I picked up Really Red as I had read on many reviews of it that it was a dupe of Mac's Russian Red, me being Miss Stingey I can't verify that as I haven't splashed out and bought any Mac lipsticks (commence the mob of beauty bloggers coming after me with pitchforks)

The packaging is really nice and classy, it's very basic but it's nice all the same. It's a matte lipstick, but amazingly this isn't drying at all for the most part (at about the 7-8 hour mark, it started to feel a little dry but not too badly). It didn't cling to any dry patches, although I make an effort to exfoliate my lips and balm up those bad boys before applying lipstick in general so there weren't really dry patches to be clung onto.

It appears a little more orange on the picture but it doesn't come out orangey at all in real life.
As you can hopefully see, it's really pigmented (perhaps not a colour for the faint-hearted) - as the name would suggest, it is indeed 'Really Red'. It's a blue-toned red so it makes your teeth appear slightly whiter, although don't expect to put it on and instantly become Simon Cowell.


Overall, I absolutely love this product - I actually think it's my favourite matte red lipstick that I own (not that I own loads, but I do now own a fair few).

What's your favourite red lipstick?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

12 comments:

  1. I bet that's really pigmented! is it drying?

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's seriously pigmented, and i didn't really find it drying until 7-8 hours later but i still think that's pretty good going!

      Delete
  2. The Revlon lipsticks look so high end for the price! I love MUA's red lipstick, it feels really nice on the lips and is well pigmented and it's only a pound! x

    http://www.prettythingsbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality!! I love MUA, they do some great products!! :-)

      Delete
  3. I shy away from reds but i do love a matte colour. The colour isn't as scary as the name suggests lol

    kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. matte lipsticks are really lovely, and i used to shy away from reds but once i started wearing them i really couldn't stop haha (it's becoming a real problem now)

      Delete
  4. Ooo this looks gorgeous! I tend to shy away from bright reds but my fave is Rimmel Kate Moss 107 which is perfect for this time of year so you really should pick it up! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is, and ah i've seen so many people talking about it and i really want to try it but i haven't quite caved yet (give it a week or two) - thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I picked this up about a month ago and I absolutely love it! I want to try more shades from this range :) I really like MAC Russian Red and Revlon Balm Stain in Crush as my go-to reds, including Really Red :)

    www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really want to try mac's russian red but i can't justify spending so much on a lipstick, and i really want to try out some more revlon balm stains - thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  6. This is my favourite red lipstick actually! It's such a lovely shade :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! i think it may be my favourite red now :-)

      Delete