Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Empties #2

Hello readers, I'm back with another Empties post (here is a link to my previous one) because I have used up a few products and I wanted to share them with you so I could throw out the products.




1. Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion


Pros:
- didn't cause irritation
- cleansed my skin well
- inexpensive
- pleasant but subtle scent

Cons:
- none to be honest!

Repurchase?
I have repurchased this in the past, and I will repurchase this in the future. I'm not sure if I've sung my praises about Simple before, but I think all of the products by them that I've tried are such good value for the price. This for me is a staple, if I'm not feeling adventurous and don't want to try new products then I will probably always return to this product - does the job and it's inexpensive which is all I really ask for in a product.

2. Boots Essentials Cucumber Facial Toner


Pros:
- nice scent
- inexpensive

Cons:
- not very strong cleanser

Repurchase?
I have repurchased this in the past and I will probably repurchase it in the future because it's usually under £2, but I think I prefer Simple's toner to this. I do like the Cucumber scent, but I feel like the Simple toner cleanses my skin much more than this one.

3. Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser


Pros:
- sinks in quickly leaving a near matte finish
- not too greasy
- inexpensive

Cons:
- none!!

Repurchase?
Definitely. This is one of my favourite moisturisers of all time, it's inexpensive and sinks in so quickly so you can apply it and then a couple of minutes later be ready to put on makeup!

4. Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner



Pros:
- long lasting
- dries quickly
- inexpensive

Cons:
- nib is thick making it hard to get a thin line

Repurchase?
I will definitely repurchase this (and have done in the past). I'm yet to find a liquid eyeliner that works as well for me as this, however I am still on the search for a perfect thin nibbed good formula liquid eyeliner so if I ever find 'the one' I will reject this eyeliner.

5. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash


Pros:
- nice smell
- does the job
- large quantity

Cons:
- not cheap
- doesn't lather up amazingly

Repurchase?
I got this in the Yule Monty so if I buy that (although it was given to me when I got this) then I wouldn't have an issue with it. Although it's not as good a body wash as everyone says, I want to try out all of the other Soap and Glory body washes before returning to this one me thinks.

6. Beauty Formulas Mud Mask

I was naughty and re-used a photo from this post - sorry! It was only because the lighting when I took all the other photos is not as good so I thought I'd re-use a good photo rather than take a bad one, am I forgiven?

Pros:
- inexpensive
- good value
- makes my skin very soft

Cons:
- none to speak of!

Repurchase?
To quote an internet meme.. 'YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS'! I love this face mask with a passion, so inexpensive and does the job too!
7. No7 Essential Moisture Night Cream


Pros:
- strong moisturiser
- made my skin noticeably softer

Cons:
- packing makes it harder to get all the product out

Repurchase?
Probably not because it is essentially just a heavy moisturiser and as it's No7 it's not likely to be cheap, plus I'm not sure if you can only get this in a box set or not.

8. No7 Essential Moisture Day Cream


Pros:
- sinks in quickly
- made my skin very soft

Cons:
- packaging is restrictive so it's hard to get all the product out

Repurchase?
Probably not because there are cheaper alternatives to just a heavy moisturiser, but I wouldn't be opposed to using it if I received it because it did make my skin very soft.

9. No7 Protect and Perfect Night Cream


Pros:
- did the basic job of a moisturiser

Cons:
- difficult to work into my skin because it would start to peel
- restrictive packaging!! (get on top of that No7!)

Repurchase?
No, again this is just a heavy moisturiser but this one began to peel on my face after being applied which is gross.

10. Collection Matching Perfection Concealer

Again, I've been a bit naughty and recycled a photo from this post - I just don't want to force bad photography on you!

Pros:
- high coverage
- lasts a long time (not 16 hours though mind you!)

Cons:
- limited shade range
- sometimes doesn't blend in amazingly (I have a love hate relationship with this concealer)

Repurchase?
Probably not unless they increase the shade range, a mixed race girl has to put up with a lot of problems - limited shade range in concealer and foundation is one of them! The shade I picked up (warm medium) isn't too bad but sometimes it is a tad too light and the dark shade emphasizes dark circles on me which defeats the point. So to re-use the wise words of Simon Cowell, it's a no from me.

Thank you so much for reading/watching!

Have you tried out any of these products?
What products have you used up recently?

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great post, I have a love hate relationship with the lasting perfection concealer too! Never heard of Beauty Formulas Mud Mask before, no cons? Definitely need to try it out!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! and no cons for me, i guess it differs for skin type but i thought for £1 i had no issues and i was thoroughly impressed. thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Is it just me or does the concealer not last too well, I have hardly used mine and it feels so light and empty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one tube lasted me about 3-4 months and that was using it more or less everyday, were you using a lot of it? I tend to only use it on my dark circles because fortunately I tend not to get too many spots

      Delete