Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

Music of the month - October 2014

I'm sure you'll all be relieved not to see another single product review on here at least for the moment, I have really been enjoying doing them so often and I will keep on doing them however I still want to keep my Music of the month series going as my music taste is one of the few good qualities about me.

1. Warm foothills - Alt-J


I'm still in love with Alt-J's new album (as if I hadn't gone on about them long enough in my last Music of the Month post) but I just think Alt-J are great and I find their music so alternative and calming, I'm really hoping to go and see them in concert in January!!

2. Luv, hold me down - Drowners


This is more of a song that I've rediscovered. It's upbeat and it's fun, it's a nice combination. I really should get round to listening to more music by Drowners because they're really good!

3. Twelve feet deep - The Front Bottoms


The Front Bottoms are a new discovery for me this month, as usual I have discovered them through Tumblr. I'm honestly so thankful that I follow people on Tumblr with a similar music taste to me because I discover so much music on there. I love the whole album entitled Rose by them anyway so I could recommend that generally.

4. I'm an Actor - Phoenix


I really like Phoenix but I hadn't heard this song before and it sounds quite different from the other songs I like by them, it's a lot slower but I like it. I feel I should also give a mention to If it's not with you from the same album which is called Alphabetical.

5. Mesmerise - Temples


I am really surprised I didn't get into Temples earlier as I had seen lots of them on my dashboard, I did give them a go ages ago but I didn't really get into them. Then someone I know recommended them to me and I gave them another go because they told me Shelter Song sounds like a song by The Beatles (which it does, the introductory riff in that song is uncannily like George Harrison) so went on to listen to their Sun Structures album and I have fallen for them. This song doesn't sound massively Beatle-esque but I still very much like it.

I also feel like I should give an honourable mention to the High School Musical soundtrack, I've been listening to it whenever I do homework or revise and I have to say it really does brighten up my mood. I'm also just a massive loser who still isn't over High School Musical.

What songs have you been loving this month?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

2 comments: