Pages

Thursday 16 October 2014

Review | Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

I'm not sure when it happened, but I feel like over the past few years liquid eyeliner just became the big thing to do regarding make up again. Personally, I blame Alexa Chung. Is there a person alive who doesn't want to look like her? Don't lie to me.

I started wearing liquid eyeliner when I was about 13, I didn't know how to use it and honestly it was not a nice sight. A few years later at age 16 I returned to liquid eyeliner hoping to be able to achieve the perfect cat eye flick, to this day I still fail but I am improving and that's the important thing. I feel that whilst technique is important with the cat eye flick, the eyeliner holds a heavy role in how it's all gonna go down so since age 16 I have been on a quest, a venture, an endeavour to find the best inexpensive liquid eyeliner for me. In this endeavour, I decided to try the Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner because from what I've tried Essence are very good value for money.


The first thing that took me by surprise is how small the packaging is because on pictures I had seen online I somehow imagined it being bigger, however it still provides a good amount of product for only £2.50.


The main reason you're here is probably to find out if it is durable against water like it claims, and I would have to say yes, yes it is. I am an emotional person, yes I cry, and I cried whilst wearing this and it didn't budge at all which is great! 

It is quite black in pigment which is good too, however I did find that when layered on top of eyeshadow it doesn't always come up as strongly black but I think that's the case with most liquid liners, it was still very black though.

It doesn't claim to be a long lasting product but I think it is quite long lasting as long as you're not an eye rubber (which I'm not). I'm able to wear this for at least nine hours without needing to touch it up, in fact I think it lasts me longer than that because when it comes to late at night and I'm taking off my make up it still looks fairly in tact, but of course if you're the type of person who rubs their eyes a lot then it will chip off fairly quickly.


The applicator is probably the thing I like most about the product. It's a felt tip like nib but it's not thick at all so you can make a very thin line and do a nice flick - I would say it's practically fool proof.

Overall, I really like this product and I will be happily using it until it runs out. I can see myself returning to this product in the future, and it only cost £2.50 which is very affordable for such a nice eyeliner.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great. Though I have not used this brand :)
    www.naomiganzu.com
    Let us stay in contact :D
    Do follow me on GFC G+, bloglovin and twitter @naomiganzu. Would love to add you back!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're only sold in Wilkinsons, but they're really good :-)

      Delete
  2. I really like the look of this! I've never heard of the brand but I qear liquid eyeliner every day so will have to look for it with it being so cheap and longlasting!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can only buy it from wilkinsons I think, but it is well worth the money!!

      Delete