Pages

Sunday 5 October 2014

Ed's Diner

The 50s style Diner has been used as a centrepiece in many classic films and television for a long time, such as in Grease...


and Seinfeld...


I was lucky enough to once visit the Seinfeld diner...


So to summarise, diners are the epitome of a cool dining experience, so obviously I couldn't resist showing you a few pictures of Ed's diner. I'm not sure whether it will be such a big deal to Americans seeming as you have a lot of diners (whether they're 50s themed or not I don't know) but in the UK they are about as rare as a memorable X factor contestant. 


Peanut butter milkshake a.k.a heaven in a cup
Whoever coined the idea of having the combination of Chicken and BLT - I thank you, my thighs don't, but I do.

Spot the Bess in this photo (just look for the big bird's nest I call a hairdo.. found me yet?)
The food here was pretty darn tasty, and as an enthusiast of 50s/60s music I absolutely loved the Jukebox thing they had going on. It cost 20p to queue a song in the playlist and there's a machine for it at each table and I thought that was such a cool idea, I can't imagine anything cooler than working at a restaurant where Elvis, the Beach Boys and Buddy Holly are played round the clock - can you?

Thanks for reading my post!

Have you been to a 50s themed diner before?


No comments:

Post a Comment