Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

April wishlist

I've been trying not to spend too much money for the past couple of months because a bunch of my acquaintances had birthdays which I had to buy presents for, and what kind of acquaintance would I be if I spent money on myself rather than them*? Especially as they're all turning 18 so it's a special birthday of sorts. Anyway, I still have racked up a wishlist of things I would like to purchase in April. 

eBay, Muji, Makeup Revolution, Essence, nail polish, eyeshadow, backpack, cute

I know what you're thinking, and yes I do accessorise like a 7 year old, but y'know what I'm still 18 and able to pull it off as some sort of ironic statement so it's all good. I saw Ciara Baxendale (she's Izzy in My Mad, Fat Diary if you don't know, and she's just the most adorable person) post a picture of this on her Instagram and I knew I had to have it because it's just really cute, then I found it on Amazon. I love backpacks anyway and I own a few, but this looks bigger than any of the ones I own, plus because it's plastic it'll be waterproof which is necessary when you're living in London.

I really need some more makeup storage, I absolutely love my two wide Muji drawers and I have a small acrylic makeup-holder-type-thing from Tiger but this only has space for 6 lipsticks and since Christmas, lipstick has become something that I can't leave a beauty shop without picking up. It's terrible I know, but this means I need more space because they're all a bit cluttered all over the place right now. I think this one from Amazon is a really good price and I saw someone else talk about this specific one in a blog post, so I'm pretty certain the quality will be alright. As long as it provides some storage I don't mind too much, plus I'm loving having a clear acrylic theme in my makeup storage.

I think I spoke about how much I loved the Essence Colour and Go Nail Polish in 113 in this post (in fact I know I did because I just linked you to the post, look at me acting like I don't know stuff). I loved the formula of these nail polishes and I really want some more pastel type shades in my nail polish collection for Spring/Summer. These nail polishes are so cheap and give you a gel effect without taking ages to dry (like a certain other nail polish brand I know..) so I just generally want a lot more of these in my life.

If you remember from my Spending Ban wishlist post I said that I wanted to try out the Naked Basics 2 palette, but at that time there wasn't a dupe for it so it was merely a dream that I would one day own those pretty taupe-toned shades. However, Makeup Revolution have done a palette that's allegedly a dupe of both Naked Basics palettes so I think I may as well buy that seeming as it's only £4.00. Plus, funnily enough I don't have anything quite like it in my collection even though I own quite a lot of eyeshadow. I don't own loads of matte shades even though I think those are the best for everyday, so I'll have to buy this and give it a go even though I've never ordered from the Makeup Revolution website (I tend to wait until everything comes into Superdrug!)

I don't own as many makeup brushes as a lot of the people on here, I think I own a total of 12 but in that 12 I don't have a nice slanted eyebrow brush. At the moment I use a dense flat thin (I think it's an eyeliner brush) to do my brows, and it works but I do really wanted a slanted one to be able to do them more effectively, and I wanted an opportunity to try out Makeup Revolution's range of brushes. Plus it's only £1.50 and I'm not sure where else I'm going to get a good quality brush for a cheaper price.

What's on your wishlist for April?

*Probably the type of annoying acquaintance who calls their friends acquaintances

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment