Pages

Sunday 26 April 2015

Exams, Philosophy related musicals, shopping, and rediscoveries

It's that time where I do 'Ten Things and Ten Blogs' but I've decided to change it up a bit. I've decided not to showcase ten blogs anymore, not because I don't think they deserve recognition, but because I'd rather be able to give a massive spotlight to one or two blogs I've really been enjoying ('tis a bit more meaningful and all that jazz) so if I am really enjoying a blog you will still hear about it, just not in the same way as before, cool?

john rawls, philosophy, a theory of justice, lifestyle, pizza express, quizup, how i met your mother


one.
Only Dan and Phil could make me laugh about revision (I'm in the midst of my second round of A Level mock exams and I'm just hating every second)

two.

I'm not sure how many of you reading care about Star Wars, but I am a massive fan of Star Wars and I just need a moment to talk about the new trailer with Harrison Ford and Chewbacca - ultimate fangirl moment!


three.
Since the mini-post above, my mocks have finished - huzzah! Philosophy hasn't finished being marked so I can't tell you a grade for that, but I was really happy with my History and I got an A* and an A in Psychology which is what I'm probably going to be doing in University so that's pretty good.

four.
After mocks, our Philosophy teacher decided to give us somewhat of a break and show us a musical called A Theory of Justice (you can see the trailer here), which is actually a university production musical. He always said he would show it to us and we didn't know when, and in all honesty none of us expected anything amazing, but it just is. It's just hilarious, it tells the story of John Rawls and Robert Nozick developing their theory of justice but they travel through time learning about different philosophers' theories of justice. My personal favourite moments were Karl Marx saying 'that's so bourgeois' as that's something I say almost on a daily basis, and Emanuel Kant being portrayed as a fairy godmother - absolutely brilliant.

five.
Me  and my friends decided to go for a mini shopping trip and meal out as another small celebration of the end of mocks, and as it's probably the last time we'll be able to do anything like that before the real exams. I picked up a couple of beauty bits (not enough for a haul though, sorry! Sure you'll see reviews though) and we went to Pizza Express, then we went back to my friend's house and we watched Into The Woods whilst eating a lot of Reese's peanut butter cups and Tangfastics - such fun!

six.
I've become re-obsessed with the app QuizUp. Around exam season, I always tend to get more into apps probably because I'm spending more time on my phone than my computer, and all my friends have this app now which makes it all the more time-consuming!

seven.
Whilst we're on the topic of rediscoveries, I need to mention How I Met Your Mother. I was watching this obsessively over the Summer (and the odd episode throughout 2013) but I hadn't really watched much of season 9 as I already knew what happened in the last episode (what the heck man) and I had generally heard from people that it ruined the series. However, my friend has been pestering me to finish it because I need to be disappointed too and so far, so good, but I am not looking forward to the end.

eight.
Me and my friends are in the process of trying to organise a cottage holiday for the summer, y'know those sort of crappy British holidays pensioners tend to do, hoping it does go ahead because I'm looking forward to it! (We're hoping to do a ouija board and a seance)

nine.
I read and rewatched Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (book review here) and for the past few days I've had So Long and Thanks for All the Fish stuck in my head, which has been annoying as I don't know all the lyrics and it's a bit of a silly obscure song so I can't even sing it out with anyone - #FirstWorldProblems


ten.
Marina from YouTube Channel marinashutup uploaded a video about the evolution of Rape Culture which I thought was so interesting and well worth a watch.

How have the past couple of weeks been for you?

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment