Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Revlon's Smoky Rose Lipstick is a bit like Hole


It's rare that it takes a while for a product to grow on me. Usually I love something immediately and maintain an adoration for it, like The Beatles, or I start off loving something and end up going off it, like The Voice*. Although, there are some cases where I'm just a bit indifferent or I don't majorly love something but I don't dislike it. Like 90s grunge band Hole, I had listened to a couple of songs by Hole and I thought they were alright. I didn't think the songs I had listened to were bad, but I wasn't rushing to listen to every other song they had made. However, for some reason, I returned to them quite a long time after and listened to the Celebrity Skin album and I really liked most of the tracks on it. It's a similar situation with Revlon's Super Lustrous Pearl lipstick in Smoky Rose - I bought it quite a few months ago and liked it but I wasn't crazy about it, and it was by no means a shade I reached for regularly, but times have changed.

I know you're probably thinking this isn't a particularly interesting lipstick shade, but it just adds something. It's quite sheer but you can layer it up to get a lovely rose-brown type colour. It's a pearl finish which, from what I gather because I haven't tried any, is quite similar to MAC's frost finish lipsticks. So it's not super glossy but it does have a bit of a sheen to it, which makes your lips look plumper without the use of lip liner if that's the look you're after. Due to the fact that it's not matte, it only lasts for a couple of hours before fading, but that's not so much an issue for me and if you use a lip liner underneath it will last a lot longer.

What's your favourite everyday lipstick?

*I watched The Voice the first year it was on but when it ended I just couldn't be bothered with reality television anymore, it was goodbye X Factor, goodbye The Voice, and goodbye Britain's Got Talent - I've never looked back since.

Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment